VIE SALES ENGINEER
The main objective is to develop sales for the complete portfolio of Plastic Omnium New Energies.
• He/ She builds a trustful relationship with customers, and drives their satisfaction, in compliance with the Plastic Omnium Code of Conduct.
• Represents Plastic Omnium New Energies division at customers and is the entry point to the customers.
• Is the voice of customer within Plastic Omnium New Energies organization.
• Initiates and expands business and increases market shares by identifying new business opportunities in targeted markets and making acquisition of new projects.
• Defines price targets and negotiates price level for competitive and profitable offers aligned with technical scope.
• Prepares and implements data and metrics for commercial forecasts, sales budgets, part prices adjustments.
• Manage the sales activity during project development, serial life and aftersales phase.
• Is responsible for cash-in for all customer invoices (prototypes, specific investments …)
• Ensures regular reporting to direct management.
Activities and responsibilities:
• Promote and present Plastic Omnium New Energies products portfolio in front of existing customers or new leads. (during exhibition, at lobbying association, in specific meetings …)
• Identify the key contacts at the customer, lead and establish the relationship.
• Develop OEM account plan according to the New Energies division strategy.
• Know the customers market in detail, competition stand and propose appropriate tactics to grow New Energies share at short and long term.
• Lead the sales activity during the acquisition phases through close teamwork with project team. (PM etc...) during RFI and RFQ.
• Present and expose his/her sales strategy and prepare all relevant data for CAPCOM approval process.
• Lead price offers and business negotiations with the customers following rules and instructions given by management.
• Identify and alert management about any technical/economic risk on customer side during sourcing process.
Customer Project Management
• During Development and Serial Life:
o Notify the change requests and ensure the change management.
o Participate proactively and support the implementation of project cost savings.
o Contribute to improve the project profitability in collaboration with project core team.
o Respect the milestones and update the deliverables in PPDP (PLM).
• After-Sales management
o Define the aftersales price conditions during acquisition/project development, with protective and profitable
contractual conditions for Plastic Omnium.
o Follow up the aftersales activity with the plants.
• Assure an effective close relationship with the customer and be the interface between the customer organization and Plastic Omnium internal services (Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Finance, Customer service, etc..)
• Attends representation meetings and exhibition events with the Sales team.
• Key customer visits/meetings will be formalized through written reports.
Sales Process Management
• Develop and apply the sales best-practices: cost model (including direct-buy components), raw material price indexation, framework agreement with commercial clauses, etc…
• Make proposals for continuous improvement.
• Participate in negotiation on customer GT&C, Warranty Terms and Purchase Contract.
• Prepares and implements data and metrics for commercial forecasts, sales budgets, part prices adjustments and commercial strategic plan.
▪ Knowledge /Qualification
Engineering degree or equivalent is preferred
Competencies on project management
▪ Previous Experience
A first experience in automotive industry within a technical function eg) Sales engineer, Customer account management, Field application engineer
▪ Key technical competencies
Knowledge of MS Office is required. SAP, PowerBI are a plus.
Good level of english
▪ Key behavioral competencies
Methodology, autonomy, good communication skills, teamwork
Capacity to work in a pluri-disciplinary environment
Goal-orientated and customer focused