Senior Business Analyst (Claims Operations)
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
This role will be responsible for implementation of claims strategic initiatives, improvement projects, claims governance, compliance and day to day operational activities as agreed with EMEA Head of Claims Operations.
- Support in effectively delivering improvement initiatives and projects as per agreed project plans.
- Challenge current processes and ways of working for identifying improvement opportunities whilst aligning to the broader Regional, International and Global priorities.
- Execute Global, International and Regional strategic initiatives to ensure FraBeLux Claims embed change and the FraBeLux local requirements are catered for whilst recognizing the importance of consistency and alignment.
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement and communication with a focus on collaboration within the FraBeLux and more broadly across EMEA.
- Support in implementing a strong risk management culture in FraBeLux Claims.
- Maintain strong first line controls for key risks identified in FraBeLux claims working collaboratively with Risk, Internal Audit Group (IAG) and Compliance to continuously improve.
- Support and own risk event mitigation plans, resolution of internal audit action plans and provision of exception reporting for the FraBeLux.
- Partner with the claims teams across the FraBeLux to provide continuous feedback sharing information / learnings to manage and improve regulatory performance.
- Ensure timely and appropriate responses are provided to all regulatory, SOX, and internal & external audits.
- Ensure timely and effective resolution of ad-hoc system, regulatory and operational issues.
- Ensure appropriate support is provided to Legal, Vendor Services, Quality Assurance, and other support groups.
- Support effective claims business reporting in the FraBeLux and region
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in project delivery and have the ability to communicate and influence teams outside of Claims Operations. The individual will ideally have a good understanding of claims governance and have experience in controls and monitoring. Ideally, she/he will also have experience in supporting change project. The candidate will possess a strong business and process mindset and skills to influence and drive continuous improvement.
Additional requirements include:
- Collaborative approach with the ability to influence stakeholders and drive continuous improvement positively through partnership
- Experienced in supporting project delivery with a result drive mindset.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present clear and concise analysis
- Proven ability to dissect complex business issues, perform research and analysis, and synthesize conclusions
- Strong Compliance, Governance and/or audit, regulatory background. Comprehensive awareness of the Business and Regulatory environment
- Expertise in Continuous Improvement Methodologies.
- Strong background in an operational environment and process improvement.
- Strong commercial mindset with a proven track record of making sound decisions backed by data
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (Belgium branch)