Project Manager FWC & Election Department
Cowater Intl Belgium is currently recruiting a Project Manager to be a key player in the FWC & Elections Department in charge of managing and implementing Framework contracts. As part of the Department, you will have a unique opportunity to develop and implement development projects that engage various stakeholders around innovative solutions that bring lasting impact in the countries in which we operate.
Reporting to the Department Director, the Project Manager Elections will have overall responsibility for detailed financial and technical oversight of projects; quality assurance, client and partners relations and management of sector specialists on the field.
More specifically the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing proposals : technical methodology, team building, financial proposal
- Resource planning, building and continually motivating the best experts available within the sector, selection of candidates, reviewing CVs
- Supervising, coordinating and monitoring the inputs of all team members and consortium partners
- Performing quality control on all deliverables
- Developing financial proposals, managing the budgets and audits, contracts and schedules rigorously
- Communicating with and reporting to the clients, donors and beneficiaries, and
- Establishing and developing good relations with partners and experts.
Our ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial outlook to help advance the objectives and results of the department and the company overall.
- University degree in development studies, economics, finance or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of work experience with international donors, preferably funded by the EC.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French with excellent communication skills. Additional languages and especially Spanish and/or Portuguese will be considered as an asset.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the areas 1) Democratization Process and/or Election or Human Rights or Communication 2) Project Management 3) Financial Management
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- High energy level,
- Capacity to think and work politically, building strategic relationships and identify creative ways to address challenges and issues.
The position is based in Brussels.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
When applying, please indicate in your CV or in your email which of the above area(s) (categories & subcategories) of expertise you cover best
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over projects in more than countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 7, 8 and 9. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.