Project Manager Civil Engineering
About the role
- Inspire the way we live by delivering value to every individual directly or indirectly affect by the projects
- You are in control of the 'end to end' management, coordination, and follow-up of projects during from concept phase to delivery.
- You take care of the realization of creative feasibility studies and preliminary designs in which you follow the set concepts, in close consultation with our Technological Expert Building & Civil Works.
- You are responsible for the flawless execution of the projects, in accordance with the current norms and standards.
- Control and monitor all project KPIs to meet their pre-defined success benchmarks
- You are available for providing technical support regarding Building & Civil Works for Etex Engineering, in close collaboration with the Technological Expert Building & Civil Works.
- Liaise between the stakeholders, the project team, and the external construction partners
- You manage the external resources such as soil examinators, land surveyors, the utility companies, the local team, … from day one to final acceptance.
- You will be based in our KOB offices, but the role requires 20% travelling to factories.
Key responsibilities are:
- Project Management : deliver projects safely within the approved budget & quality, and meeting threshold milestones.
- Resource Management : Utilize the resources in different teams efficiently (impact and infull)
- Technical Competences :
- involved in drawing up the schedule of requirements together with the Technological Expert Building & Civil Works or the Portfolio Manager.
- draw up the design of the construction or layout project of a building or a space according to the assignment and the needs.
- participate, advise and keep an eye out for the permit process.
- check the execution onsite and approve the delivery (execution, invoicing, part of the agreement....
- Stakeholder management : have all stakeholders well informed about the project so they can take the right decisions.
- Passionate about project management and its methodologies
- Be an effective communicator to articulate the expectations and risks to the team and stakeholders honestly and openly
- Actively pursue self-development
- Fully committed to EHS standards
- Civil Engineer, Architect or equivalent with a general knowledge of the different construction disciplines and you can manage technically highly skilled members of the project team
Additional Experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor Civil/Architectural Engineer
- Working experience:
- managing projects from initiation to closing
- work experience in building construction and civil works
- high level of attention to EHS
- strong organisational and communication skills
- building and sustaining excellent client relationships
Licence/certification/qualifications : CAPM, Prince 2 or PMP is a plus
Language proficiency : very good English, Dutch and a reasonable knowledge of French
Benefits of working at Etex
- You’ll be joining a company focused on your well-being - both professional and personal.
- We invest in our teammates, a career at Etex is an opportunity to learn, grow and lead.
- Our teammates are our greatest force; interaction, sharing and collaborating with others drives us.
- We live our core values; we translate them into actions with customers and teammates.
- We offer a global Employee Assistance Program, personal independent professional support if you ever need it.
- We run annual wellbeing challenges, for all abilities.
- All teammates are eligible for our global reward and recognition scheme
- We offer flexible working options including hybrid working (depending on role)