Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position aims to participate to the conformity of sub-assemblies in Charleroi signaling and rolling stocks projects. This conformity is based on legal (norms, regulations..) and customer requirements but also internal requirements.
This position is linked with suppliers and sourcing team.
The main activity is to organize the collect of ecodesign and fire and smoke evidences in order to prove the conformity of ALSTOM products.
This position entails contacts with subcontractors and suppliers, to analyze and check reports, to organize the storage of evidences in the ecodesign and fire and smoke database.
Position in the organization
Hierarchical reporting to the “Eco Design & Fire and Smoke skill leader” from the Design Office.
Network and links
In permanent link with all métier’s teams of the Design Office,
In permanent link with all relevant suppliers and with the sourcing team referent for ecodesign and fire and smoke activities
- Organize the collection ecodesign and fire and smoke evidences from suppliers for new references (Request for Quote).
- Organize the Ecodesign and fire and smoke activities with offshore team and subcontractors
- Train suppliers on the expected documentation
- Provide support on documentation when requested
- Support offshore analysis, answer requests from subcontractors
- Develop and consolidate ecodesign and fire and smoke local databases
- Maintain ecodesign and fire and smoke central database
- Request new test reports before they get expired (fire and smoke certificates)
- Request an update of evidences following last updates of regulation (ecodesign regulation and standards)
- Follow up of suppliers with less reactivity
- KPI follow up
- Answer requests from other ALSTOM sites
- Become the Point of Contact with sourcing team
- Respect of QCD commitments (Quality, Costs, Delays)
- Right first-time deliverables (100% coverage)
- Operational activities completed with respect of the defined budget
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Windows (Mainly Windows 10 pro)
Bachelor Degree (BAC+3)
- English knowledge is required (Intermediate level B1 or equivalent)
- Active listening
- Analytical, critical and synthetical oriented mind
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Database, Technician, Technology