Category Manager Procurement Europe
What You Will Be Doing
The Regional Category Manager will be responsible for implementing and executing some procurement strategies for our chemical business in Europe whilst ensuring material quality and on-time deliveries, especially for our chemical plants in Belgium and France.
He/ She will have to work closely with the regional team and global stakeholders to develop & align sourcing strategies and deliver his/her goals & objectives.
The successful candidate will report to Veolia WTS Regional Procurement Manager, CMS Europe.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
● Deliver cost out targets and enable business competitiveness through material negotiation, cost out projects and value engineering projects.
● Partner closely with the Global Category Leaders to align the category strategy to the regional requirements to meet Direct Material Productivity targets, mitigating inflation and ensuring supply continuity.
● Manage suppliers’ performance on cost, quality, delivery, cash and compliance.
● Eliminate single/sole source, qualify new suppliers & tollers in the region.
● Provide strong support to the commercial team during the bid phase of new business and support new product introduction.
● Perform continual market analysis and monitor supplier score cards and their improvement.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or similar field, or equivalent work experience required.
● 5 -7 years’ work experience in purchasing, strategic sourcing with preferred experience in chemical procurement
● Experience in the chemical market.
● Work knowledge of SAP (must have).
● Good French and English communication skills.
Essential Skills & Abilities
● Good understanding of Procurement methods, technologies, and processes.
● Be effective in supplier negotiations to maximize opportunities and support the productivity plan.
● Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced multicultural environment in a matrix organization.
● Excellent verbal/written communication, capable of developing presentations and comfortable interacting with internal/external stakeholders.
● Accountable, organized, strategic thinker/planner, proactive and self-motivated for success.
● Must be resilient, positive, collaborative approach to problem solving.
Who are we looking for
Veolia WTS is seeking a thoughtful, dedicated professional with the right skillsets, mindset and behaviour to contribute to the continued evolution of our Procurement Function.
At Veolia WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We are an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
What we do offer
● A chance to work in a company that is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment and reuse.
● An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits including: a health insurance package; a group insurance package (pension - death - disability); ..
● To ensure a proper work-life balance, you can work from home 8 days per month! In addition to this home-office policy, we have generous flex hours to further support your work-life balance. We also offer a telework- and internet allowance to facilitate the home office!