Assistant/Associate Director – Sales Representative
This role is responsible for driving sales by identifying cross-sell and upsell opportunities within an assigned book of existing accounts as well as initiating sales activity with new prospects and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Working in close collaboration with Relationship Managers this Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales growth within an assigned sales territory for Moody’s flagship Credit Research, Ratings and Analytics solutions.
- Manage full lifecycle sales process which includes, identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients and leveraging off existing client relationships, sales presentations and contract negotiations.
- Gain and maintain familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate products and licensing.
- Meet established revenue targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships to ensure satisfaction.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Work closely with Product Strategists, Marketing Strategists and other employees within the organization to leverage their appropriate expertise within the sales cycle and promotion of Moody’s solutions.
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Position requires travel.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Economics or related area required.
- A Moody’s employee at this level would typically have 5+ years' experience in a sales role within a research/data/analytics vendor with a successful track record in sales, preferably selling to Financial Market participants.
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and French is essential.
The position is part of the Moody’s Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group.
We strive to be a world-class sales organization with our customers’ needs at the centre of everything we do. Our client base ranges from banks and financial institutions to insurance and asset management companies, as well as government institutions and professional services firms. As the bridge between our product teams and customers, we build mutually rewarding relationships that allow us to deliver the best solution for each customer challenge. An organization of motivated, curious, and teamwork-oriented people, we let our passion drive our business forward.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level.