Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In the context of Product Engineering development, a Vibroacoustic engineer will participate in project/offer development through the application of internal procedures including Vibroacoustic management of projects, standard Vibroacoustic simulation and measurements of Components
In case of assignment to R&D tasks, he will be in charge of the development of methodologies and technologies related to Vibroacoustics of Rolling Stock and Components
Hierarchical to Traction System Manager
Functional to Acoustic Chief engineer/Acoustic CCN Leader, PrEM and Technical Bid Engineering Manager
Projects main missions
R&D main missions (if assigned to R&D missions)
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Mandatory · Engineering degree (BSc/MSc) or physicist with specialization in Vibroacoustic, acoustics, vibration, NVH
Desirable · Knowledge in power electronics and associated components / Experimental modal analysis, FE/BEM vibroacoustic simulations
• More than 2 years of experience in a Vibroacoustic department in automotive/aeronautics/railway/building sector
• more than 5 years of experience in leading R&D missions
• Knowledge in power electronics and associated components
• Experimental modal analysis, FE/BEM vibroacoustic simulations
Competencies & Skills
• Vibroacoustic testing and postprocessing with multichannel systems (B&K Pulse/LMS Test lab or similar) including noise & vibration measurements in operating conditions and Vibroacoustic transfer functions (mobility, pressure/force).
• For R&D missions, management skills to lead R&D actions with a transversal approach will be needed
• Good communication skills
• English conversational/writing/reading advanced level commendatory.
• French conversational/reading advanced level is preferred
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.