Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The EMC Engineer will support projects in the EMC field. His/her task will be to ensure the electromagnetic compatibility of railway products designed and manufactured by the Company.
Reporting Hierarchical to the Site Train/Traction System
Functional to the PrEM and to the EMC Chief Engineer/EMC CCN Leader
Network & Links Internal
· EMC Core Competence Network
· Tenders, project, engineering, manufacturing, validation teams External
Responsibilities Accountable for :
· To enforce the EMC design and manufacturing rules
Responsible for :
· To prepare during tenders the clause-by-clause of customer Specifications and the associated cost estimates.
· To write within the framework of projects the EMC Transverse Requirements Specifications (identification of EMC requirements and allocation to sub-systems) and the EMC Control Plans (from the EMC requirements, definition of EMC activities, deliverables, design requirements and EMC tests).
· To verify the design of products (verification of the general architecture, of the layout of subsystems and electrical interfaces, of HV/MV/LV cabling).
· To prepare the EMC test specifications (Lab and/or Field Test Plans).
· To verify the EMC test specifications and reports from subsystems suppliers.
· To verify manufacturing of products (verification of the application of manufacturing rules on prototype or 1st equipment).
· To perform the EMC tests on test bench and/or on site and to provide the associated test reports.
· To constitute at the end of projects the EMC Compliance Files.
· To solve EMC problems encountered on projects.
· To participate to the definition/development/improvement of guidelines, process, design rules, reference solutions, return of experiences, design review checklists, templates of project documents, test specifications, simulation tools, test instrumentation.
· To propose and to carry out EMC R&D actions.
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Mandatory · Degree in Engineering
Desirable · specialization in EMC if possible
Mandatory · 2 or3 years’ experience expected in the EMC domain
Competencies & Skills
§ Power electronics / Electrotechnics / Railways (Rolling Stock, Traction Equipment, Signalling, Communication equipment).
§ Sources of electromagnetic disturbances and electromagnetic phenomena.
§ EMC design rules.
§ EMC standards.
§ EMC testing (Test procedures / Test instrumentation / Practice of testing).
§ EMC numerical simulation (Tools / Practice).
§ EMC management of project
§ English conversational/writing/reading advanced level.
§ Autonomy, proactivity, reactivity, ability to communicate, to convince, to synthesize, to share information and experience within the EMC Network
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.