Junior Software Engineer
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will be joining an experienced team situated in Ghent, Belgium. Responsible for a vehicle lifecycle tracking system and IoT Geolocation system. Used all over the world by all Volvo Truck brands and Volvo Bus organizations. The software is developed & maintained by colleagues in Belgium and India. With our team we love to improve, learn and laugh.
Do you just love to...
- Take ownership of developing high-quality coded software solutions according to DevSecOps and Agile methodologies
- Build highly maintainable front-end, API and core back bone solutions with good UX and security in mind
- Learn modern technologies and drive innovation but also drive technical support
- Dive into Azure, OpenShift, IoT and other modern technologies
ARE YOU THE ONE?
- Customer value driven mindset
- Very good listener, communicator and active contributor
- Critical thinking, sense making and complex problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Java, Cloud, IoT, Azure, relational DB, DevSecOps and Agile methodology
- Interested in modern technologies and how they could create value and be incorporated
A PERFECT MATCH Within Volvo we really believe in a healthy work life balance, an open and honest atmosphere. And with plenty of opportunities for learning and personal growth.
LET'S DO THIS!
Be in the driver seat of delivering great next generation software solutions for the Volvo Group!