Telematics System Engineer
CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Each of the CNH Industrial's brands is a major international player in its specific industry: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and Steyr for tractors and agricultural machinery; Case and New Holland Construction for earth moving equipment; Iveco for commercial vehicles; Iveco Bus and Helieuz Bus for buses and coaches; Iveco Astra for quarry and construction vehicles; Magirus for firefighting vehicles; Iveco Defence Vehicles for defence and civil protection; and FPT Industrial for engines and transmissions. More information can be found on the corporate website: www.cnhindustrial.com
Part of engineering team as it relates to Telematics projects for Agriculture and Construction Equipment. The Telematics System Engineer ensures the timely, efficient and cost-effective delivery and design of Telematics products with specific accountability for assigned projects. The candidate will act as interface between Platform, Marketing, Vehicle Platform Engineering and External Suppliers/Partners for requirements gathering and clarification. As part of the team, the candidate will work with other system engineers as well as technical engineers to reach the team goal. As interface of the team, with other system engineers, the candidate will work with all stakeholders to understand needs and offer solutions.
• Lead the design of telematics platforms, in terms of hardware and software architectures (specifications)
o Lead of Hardware and low-level software (BSP) are plus.
• Support the external supplier and the component engineer to define the test list for the component validation, review the results and suggest improvements
• Acquire and analyze requirements provide from customers (external or internal).
• Define and execute micro plans to implement platform improvements, with activity monitoring and regular updates/reports to the stakeholders
• Harmonize the activities between hardware and software developments, requirements analysis, test activities and specifications drawing
• Supervise the test results and address the issues depending on their severity/priority
• Identify and proactively manage with the vehicle platforms all the electrical and mechanical constraints for vehicle integration
• Propose effective and sustainable processes for diagnostics, service and end-of-line operations
• Document and trace all the activities using the proper corporate tools (shared repositories for the system specifications, issue tracking etc.)
• Work cohesively as a member of a Telematics engineering team, collaborating with other members of the team with the end goal of maximizing quality and delivering on schedule
• Cooperate with the customer/field support team
• Monitor the overall system performance on the field for preventive planning of improvements
• Make recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound engineering principles, practices and judgment pertaining to specific engineering problems as a contribution to the overall engineering and manufacturing objectives
• Incorporate engineering safety standards, methodologies and global product development processes into all aspects of project
o CNHi standards knowledge is a plus.
• Propose innovations, creates invention disclosures, critiques and advocates proposals for others, propose and develop new design concepts and IP which will advance CNHi product/systems.
• Travel, as necessary, to supplier facilities, test facilities, and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information
The candidate will interact with:
• Software and Hardware engineers developing telematics applications providing use cases and reviewing proposed implementations, information exchange
• Customer/field support team: troubleshooting support
• Product Validation/Platform/Vehicle Engineering teams/ICT: electrical/electronic architecture review, telematics integration constraints, information exchange
• Test/validation engineers: Information exchange, timely delivery of software, support in office and field surroundings.
• Suppliers/Partners: Provide specification and design details, drive design and development, information exchange
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Impact on the overall telematics system development and integration. Lack of regular updates may cause customers’ dissatisfaction and /or mis-alignment with other stakeholders;
• Impact on the overall design direction and concepts. Steering design into directions that impacts end product and delivery.
• Provide strong analysis of requirements, highlight in off-board dependencies and on-board architecture. The System sub-team is part of Telematics team as Technical sub-team is. Communication between system and technical part are the primary goal of the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• MS Degree in Engineering with emphasis in electrical, electronics, computer science or equivalent work experience
• 5 Years of Experience in telematics or complex and distributed electronics systems integration
• Solid experience in electronic design, qualification, architecture and integration
o In agriculture segment could be a plus
• Deep Knowledge of vehicle electronics architectures and applications including CAN communication, J1939 protocols and ISO-11783
• Knowledge of HW and SW design and architecture
o Technical knowledge of Wireless Radio Technologies, Cellular Protocol Stack could be a plus
• Basis of programming within embedded systems (BSP development and/or design etc.)
• Proficiency in design analysis
• Experience in systems integration and backoffice solutions integration
• English language: advanced level
• Travel estimated 15-20%