Telematics Software Developer Engineer
CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Each of the CNH Industrial's brands is a major international player in its specific industry: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and Steyr for tractors and agricultural machinery; Case and New Holland Construction for earth moving equipment; Iveco for commercial vehicles; Iveco Bus and Helieuz Bus for buses and coaches; Iveco Astra for quarry and construction vehicles; Magirus for firefighting vehicles; Iveco Defence Vehicles for defence and civil protection; and FPT Industrial for engines and transmissions. More information can be found on the corporate website: www.cnhindustrial.com
The Telematics Software Developer Engineer manages the Develop activities and takes support from the Integration join team (feature specialists from each involved suppliers) and the Architecture join team, providing the knowledge, addressing any task to the correct specialist and, if feasible, suggest the possible solution.
The candidate will know the Framework interface in order to develop Application Software
Software developer will support the E2E team for trouble-shooting.
• Understand and know the design of telematics platforms, in terms of hardware, low-level software (BSP) and Framework and Application Software
• Support the external suppliers and the Integration join team engineers to integrate any components, validating and reviewing the results and suggest improvements and solutions
• Support the E2E test team to review the results and, in case of bugs, address it and suggest solutions
• Define and execute microplans to implement integration activities, with a daily activity monitoring and regular updates/reports to the stakeholders
• Coordinate and harmonize the activities for framework, software and/or backend developments
• Support the activities of the testing team and address the issues depending on their severity/priority
• Document and trace all the activities using the proper corporate tools (shared repositories for the system specifications, issue tracking etc.)
• Work cohesively as a member of a Telematics engineering team, collaborating with other members of the team with the end goal of maximizing quality and delivering on schedule
• Cooperate with the customer/field support team
• Monitor the overall system (or subpart of it) performance on the field to suggest and support preventive planning of improvements
• Travel, as necessary, to supplier facilities, test facilities, and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information
The candidate will interact with:
• Software and Hardware engineers developing telematics applications: Cooperate, providing part of code or entire application, providing use cases and reviewing proposed implementations.
• Customer/field support team: troubleshooting support
• Product Validation/Platform/Vehicle Engineering teams/ICT: electrical/electronic architecture review, telematics integration constraints, information exchange
• Test/validation engineers: Information exchange, timely delivery of software, support in office and field surroundings.
• Suppliers/Partners: Provide specification and design details, drive design and development, information exchange
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electronic Engineer, Computer Science or Telecommunication. If not available, also Master’s degree in Mechatronic, Biomedical, or similar can be considered acceptable.
• 3 Years of Experience in telematics or complex and distributed electronics systems integration
• Solid experience in electronic component design, qualification, engineering and integration
• Deep Knowledge of vehicle electronics architectures and applications including CAN communication, J1939 protocols and ISO-11783
• Knowledge of HW design
• Knowledge of programming within embedded systems (BSP development and/or design etc.)
• Knowledge of Framework design (with Native and Java provided interfaces)
• Technical knowledge of Wireless Radio Technologies, Cellular Protocol Stack
• Proficiency in design analysis
• Experience in systems integration and backoffice solutions integration
• English language: advanced level