Biogazelle, a CellCarta Company is a Clinical Research Organization located at Tech Lane Ghent Science Park. We are specializing in high-value applications to support pharmaceutical research, clinical trials, and diagnostic test development.
To accelerate the development of small molecules, RNA-targeted drugs, and adoptive cell therapies, we apply a suite of genomic and transcriptomic technologies, to find and validate RNA biomarkers, and to assess efficacy, safety, and toxicity.
As a specialty lab we apply our expertise in quantitative PCR, digital PCR, and dedicated RNA sequencing workflows on precious clinical samples to support our client’s needs in research as well as in the development, validation and testing of novel or custom biomarkers.
Combining cutting-edge science with high quality to accelerate drug development & improve healthcare.
We are a growing company in the ever-changing environment of biotechnology. We pride ourselves on working as a team on each individual project, tackling different challenges on a day-to-day basis. The close cooperation between all of our team members ensures an environment where you will gain experience and learn new things on the job together with experienced colleagues.
About the team you will join
- A Young & growing team, consisting of
- Project managers
- Lab technicians
- Data analysis experts and bio-informaticians
- Quality managers
- Account managers
- Core values:
- Passion – ‘Culture of high-quality science’
- Courage – ‘Yes we can spirit’
- Collaboration – ‘Together we learn & develop, together we are strong & grow’
- Open communication – ‘Sharing with confidence & respect’
- Non-hierarchical way of working.
- A diverse range of personalities, expertise, and knowledge.
- A stimulating atmosphere where personal input and taking responsibility are encouraged.
Description and goal of the function
As a project manager, you are responsible to manage the assigned projects, following up on day-to-day activities, keeping a helicopter view, and providing effective advice to ensure project delivery under a defined budget, timeframe, and quality level. You are in direct contact with both the client and the internal team members working on your project.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- You are the primary point of contact for the customer during the execution of the assigned project.
- You are responsible for the coordination of the assigned projects:
- You identify project milestones with well-defined tasks.
- You allocate work assignments and tasks to project teams and ensure the teams respect timelines.
- You manage the project budget as well as the resource allocation.
- You monitor progress and make sure that cost, timelines, and quality standards meet the defined targets.
- You discuss technical, commercial, and planning aspects of your projects with all relevant stakeholders.
- You facilitate meetings to discuss progress and resolve issues.
- You follow up and report the progress to the customer.
- You ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- You follow up and apply the internal procedures, with the assistance of the quality department.
- You ensure that objectives and commitments are met.
- You have the final responsibility for the project.
- You initiate, follow up and monitor several projects simultaneously.
- You are responsible to organize problem-solving by the best-placed team members and for the implementation of solutions and decision-making for your projects.
- You have a good understanding of the real needs of the customer, beyond the expressed technical request.
- Together with the scientists, you advise customers on the best strategy forward for their project.
- You make the bridge between different projects for the same customer.
- You assist the business development team by drafting project plans for new clients and assisting in the pre-sales process.
Competences and skills
- A PhD or master's degree combined with experience in biotechnology, biomedical sciences, bio-engineering, or other life sciences.
- Having worked in the field of biomarker research, clinical trials, drug development, or in vitro diagnostics is a big plus.
- 2+ years of experience with project management in a life science, pharmaceutical or academic environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the proven ability to effectively communicate across different levels of the organization and with customers.
- Customer and result-oriented approach.
- Proven planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Constructive mindset and real team player helping teams to overcome roadblocks.
- Strong motivational and team interaction skills.
- Critical thinking, not being afraid to ask the right questions, and thinking ahead to spot deviations upfront.
- Driven, energetic, and proactive.
- Preferably Dutch as mother tongue, fluent in English (writing and speaking).
- A full-time position.
- Salary package plus extra-legal benefits.
- Flexible combining office and working from home.
- Opportunity to join an enthusiast team in a growing company supporting innovative pharmaceutical developments.
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV.
Powered by JazzHR