Plan Excellence Process System Analyst
The MD GPEX Process Analyst will report within the MD GPEX organization (part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Supply Chain). The Global Planning Excellence team (GPEX) is responsible to improve the maturity of core planning processes (demand planning, supply planning, production planning, S&OP, and analytics) by introducing innovative supply chain capabilities and technologies.
The GPEX Process Analyst will support the value realization activities & solutions to support the MD Plan function across a respective planning process and system platform(s) assigned. The role supports the business to simplify and standardize the value realization processes within a planning function, to reduce complexity and to improve the focus on business process excellence. The analyst is responsible for driving value realization of investments, prioritization and execution of all post-project enhancements and for ensuring the continuity of all processes within its respective plan process scope and platforms assigned.
The position has a global scope, with responsibilities for all franchises within MD Supply Chain that are using the platform assigned to the role.
This job description is relevant for the GPEX Process Analyst positions for Demand Planning, Supply & End-to-End Planning, Production Planning, and S&OP / IBP (Integrated Business Planning).
• In partnership with MD Global Leaders, assessing plan maturity, shaping and implementing the plan maturity strategy and roadmap for assigned planning processes & systems, ensuring alignment to MD plan transformation and other cross-functional programs.
• Partnering with global MD Supply Chain teams to identify, rationalize, and prioritize the desired process & systems enhancements intended to strengthen planning capabilities.
• Partnering with JJT team to ensure alignment in business priorities.
• Partnering with other supply chain functions (data, deployment, planning excellence, etc.) to build working relationships across all teams that directly or indirectly impact business process performance.
• Support a global business process community in alignment with other roles and responsibilities within the organization for the appropriate Plan function (Demand, Supply, etc.) and platform (OMP/Manugistics/Demantra/APO/ ...)
• Establish a global Super User community with a common approach on establishing, assessing and improving business processes for the platforms assigned
• Drive a common governance process and collaboration model, in alignment with the Capability Execution Team structure to continuously improve plan process maturity.
• Drive specific global process improvements as well as continuous business process improvements with a focus on the platforms assigned
• Facilitate process management trainings and knowledge & experience sharing and drive awareness on business process management.
• Stakeholder Management – Ensure key stakeholders are identified, engaged, and aligned across various key discussions and decisions.
• Driving process standardization and ensure best practices are established throughout the business communities by participating in the Capability Execution Team (CET).
• Driving improvements in line with the roadmap by leading the Change control board meetings for the systems within the respective process scope.
• Ensuring all assigned system solutions are consistently meeting the needs of the MD plan community, taking action to address break-fix issues while also managing efforts to improve business capabilities via system enhancements where applicable.
• Resolve conflicts on design between super-users, Business owners and Technology owners.
• Communications – Provide proactive, concise, and pertinent communications to key stakeholders and impacted users as they relate to project execution, business transformations, change impacts, etc. On an on-going basis, gauge the organizational “pulse” through various means dialog, surveys, etc.) in order to better understand external perspectives and opportunities.
• Organize / lead workshops to support investigation / alignment work.
• Governing operational stability of legacy processes and tools to ensure appropriate business process execution where applicable.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required with preference in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or equivalent/Advanced degree/MBA preferred
• PMP, FPX, Green Belt or equivalent certifications desired
• APICS certification (CPIM, CFPIM or CIRM) preferred
• Minimum Three (3) years of relevant experience required
• Experience in system or process change projects desired
• Knowledge of value stream mapping
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
• Good understanding of the planning processes and functions of end-to-end planning processes required
• High-level Microsoft Office Applications knowledge & Proficient with Microsoft Project & Visio
• Understanding of planning systems, such as OMP+, APO and Manugistics required
• Good communication skills (incl. to senior leadership) with the ability to adjust to the audience (business vs. technical, professionals vs. leadership) is required
• Ability to develop, master and maintain complex technology skills, with demonstrated experience as a subject matter expert is required
• Ability to translate complex topics into simple, workable solutions required
• Big Picture/Attention to Detail – align strategic and tactical
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency – ability to drive to tight timelines
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Change leadership expertise
• Customer focus (internal & external)
• Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result required
• Pro-active, can do attitude. Self-starter with ability to create and develop new relationships quickly.
• High level of personal initiative, ability to function autonomously and self-confidence
• Keeps abreast of emerging trends and best practice within the Advanced Planning area
Location of Role: This position will be based at a key planning location for MD GPEX (Diegem, BE, Cork, IE, Zuchwil, CH, Somerville, NJ, Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA)
Language Requirements: English
Travel Requirements: this position may require an average of 10 – 25% travel domestically and internationally.