Medior I&CS Engineer
Scope of Activities
Fluor Engineering NV in Antwerp is looking for a Medior Instrument & Control Systems Engineer.
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects, engineers / designers take responsibility for the functionality of the electrical & Instrumentation & Control system project scope in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry, renewable energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects in all commonly used industrial DCS and Safeguarding systems e.g. Yokogawa, Invensys, Honeywell, Hima, Emerson, Siemens. Work activities include e.g.:
- Development of: P&ID’s; instrument index; small IO extensions till complete new control systems; legacy control system migration plans; adjusting control, sequence and safeguarding narratives based on the actual system platform; E&I&CS input to other disciplines; Scope of work; migration, integration and cut-over plans for both hard and software; Integration of the Control System hardware scope in the total design packages. E.g. loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, power supply, UPS, fiber optic, Ethernet / serial / Fieldbus / Profibus
- The complete cycle of writing/reviewing control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required like controllers, I/O systems, cabinets, network connections, Ethernet / serial / Fieldbus / Profibus
- Participate in HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA sessions and performing functional safety studies (SIL) including safety calculations
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
- Coordinate the CS engineering and design ; Assign work in cooperation with senior lead engineer
- Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
- Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
- Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• 5-15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor, system integrator or production company in the process industry.
• Knowledge of control system DCS and PLC hardware as well as software, process control solutions for (petro-) and chemical processes, field wiring solutions, field installation and available control system components
• Field instrumentation knowledge is a preference
• Functional safety (SIL) knowledge is a preference
• Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
• Exhibit thorough understanding of the other discipline task and deliverables like process and mechanical
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent in automation / advance control / systems engineering
• Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English;
written and verbal communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel
• Be able to multi-task between several projects
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Medior I&CS Engineer | Fluor Corp