Country Procurement Head Benelux
The MCO (Benelux) Procurement Head, working alongside Procurement Domain teams and Country Procurement Heads, is accountable for the implementation of global/regional comprehensive sourcing strategies, and for establishing and executing local category management in their geographical perimeter.
As MCO Procurement Head, you lead and develop MCO based Procurement teams, working across organizational and cultural boundaries, in full functional coordination with Procurement Domain leaders. You will also be responsible for defining and implementing a collaborative business partnering approach with key stakeholders from all Business Units/Functions at MCO level with your teams. The MCO PH also drives operational efficiencies and ensures compliance with all MCO requirements, seeks continuous improvement opportunities to deliver a better purchasing experience, improving our collective efficiency and response to business challenges/needs (P&L impacts, risk management, “TCO” optimization…).
Lead and implement the Procurement Operating Model at MCO level;
Drive the Procurement agenda through representation at local key committees and/or events;
Define and drive change management to improve processes, efficiencies, and compliance;
Animate business connectivity and engagement to ensure a cohesive MCO approach;
Play a “BT Coordinator” role within his/her MCO when/where appropriate. - what do you mean with BT Coordinator?
Lead and develop MCO based Procurement teams, in close collaboration with Domains;
Set proper resource allocation & means to meet Procurement objectives and business priorities;
Lead and facilitate talent process, providing feedback, developing people across MCO;
Ensure support, methodology, best practices, and expertise to his/her Procurement team;
Promote a culture of knowledge sharing and encourage networking across organizations;
Ensures proper ethics and rules of conducts vis a vis the suppliers within his/her MCO.
Master the spend map of for his/her geographical perimeter, and drive optimization programs;
Develop cross-functional ways of working, increasing Procurement influence with the business;
Lead and oversee key MCO Procurement topics, projects, initiatives, pain points, crisis;
Lead or co-lead and influence negotiations with key suppliers operating in the MCO;
Ensure compliance with his/her MCO requirements (audits, Internal Control, specifics);
Deliver results (savings, cash, cost avoidance, supplier reduction…) and monitor performance;
Establish, activate proper buying channels within his/her perimeter, get them executed by P2P;
Seek continuous improvement opportunities to deliver a better business purchasing experience.
ldentify key stakeholders to partner in MCO, in close collaboration with Domain leaders;
Define, implement a collaborative business partnering approach with MCO stakeholders;
Drive MCO stakeholder management to ensure business needs and challenges are properly met;
Ensure the appropriate communication plan to act and operate as “One Procurement” team;
Influence key stakeholders to support strategy development, endorsement and execution;
Ensure relevant local Procurement involvement in critical M&A and Divestments activities.
* !!! 12+ years’ experience in Procurement (Sales, Finance or Business) preferably with direct and/or functional management experience. Global Category
Management experience as a plus;
* !!! Strong experience in a similar role, and for the last +/- 5 years experience in a management role.
* !!! Good communication, team work, organizational skills and ability to work with multiple deadlines;
* Languages: fluent in English, knowledge Dutch is a plus
* Quickly available
* Track record leading and delivering transformation initiatives within a Procurement organization;
* Global picture and strategic thinking combined with operational execution follow up and management;
* Ability to influence across all management levels and other functional areas (Business, Finance, Legal…);
* Proven ability to work in a cross-functional teams and operate within multicultural organizations;
* Demonstrated leadership skills (including coaching, teaching, networking) with direct management;
* Skilled in managing a geographically dispersed team and solid experience in working with virtual teams;
* Strong internal customer & business focus, result orientation and change management experience;
* Result oriented and willingness to take initiatives to challenge the status quo and optimize things;
* Good capability to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing industry environment and practices;
* Resilience and strong accountability and responsibility for achieving operational results;
* High level of business and financial acumen, and role model in compliance and ethics;